Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month (MUAM) 2023
October is Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month, a time to raise awareness for the role of diagnostic sonography in healthcare and help inform and educate on the growing usage and importance of ultrasound as a vital medical tool.
“MUAM is a joint effort of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS), and Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU).” (ARDMS)
We’ve gathered some resources and content to help celebrate MUAM and the sonographers who are vital to the world of ultrasound.
Industry Resources, Information, and Ways to Celebrate MUAM
- The SDMS’ 2023 MUAM theme is “Images from the Inside Out” Learn More
- How can sonographers and future sonographers participate in MUAM? Learn More
- The ARDMS photo submission campaign Learn More
- SVU vascular ultrasound awareness and content (check out the spooky wallpaper!) Learn More
- ASE cardiovascular ultrasound education and awareness Learn More
More Resources for Sonographers
- Visit the Sonographer Wellness Hub, a compilation of helpful resources and tools tailored for sonographers.
- Watch the Wellness Forum to learn how to help prevent and alleviate physical and mental pain.
- Nominate a deserving sonographer for the Sonography Impact Awards
MUAM provides an opportunity to celebrate ultrasound technology and professionals, and the extraordinary impact they make on modern medicine. Their roles are physically and mentally demanding, working through extended hours and tight timelines. So let’s each make sure to give ultrasound professionals a big THANK YOU for everything they do!