Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Engineering, Overland Park, KS (Hybrid)
About the Company:
AS Software is a rapidly growing and market-leading provider of integrated, cost-effective, healthcare information technology (HIT) solutions. Founded in 1991 and based in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, AS Software offers a suite of structured ultrasound reporting and image management solutions for OB/GYN, MFM, Radiology, and Vascular. Backed by investors AEA Growth, AS Software’s integrated and vendor-neutral technology allows practices and hospitals of all sizes to capture, review, and retain comprehensive patient ultrasound data seamlessly and efficiently.
About the Role:
AS Software provides physicians and sonographers with the leading ultrasound reporting and image management cloud solution. Our application, AS Online, is a critical component to delivering care to patients in obstetrics and maternal fetal medicine. We’re hiring a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to help us build the best looking, most intuitive, and fastest application our customers love to use.
- Build a library of components with the latest version of React, Angular, or Vue
- Create a new website for expecting mothers to share sonogram images with their friends and family
- Design an interface to communicate complex patient data to doctors across multiple hospital systems
- Continuous improvement and modernization of a mission-critical web application
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience: You have successfully built and deployed multiple web applications. You have worked on a team as the front-end subject matter expert. You understand the tradeoffs among many of the modern application stacks and frameworks.
- Pragmatism: You believe in progress over perfection. You trust your code to improve over time instead of the first draft being exactly right.
- Curiosity: You are interested in any complex system or application, not just the things you build. You are excited to learn about an existing product and code base.
- Teamwork: We all succeed when we work well with one another. You enjoy building and participating in a process that delivers great code and a great product. You are comfortable sharing your opinions, and hearing others, as we all figure this out together.
- Initiative: Instead of asking permission, you take action and communicate the benefits.
- 5+ years of development experience with modern front-end frameworks
- Experience working within the Agile methodologies; SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in CS or a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in another discipline combined with completion of a high-quality intensive CS training program, bootcamp, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others inside and outside the engineering team
- Competitive compensation
- Generous healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan with employer contribution
- Flexible work from home and PTO package